Right as the game was about to begin, the fire alarm went off and we had to head outside.
After waiting in the cold for a while, the fire truck showed up. I wondered if someone pulled the alarm because they didn't want to play, but even a fire alarm couldn't stop us from playing!
Finally, we were allowed back into the building, and the game was able to start.
The first comment I heard from our girls about the other team was "They're so BIG!" Since most of our girls playing are Beehives, their girls were definitely taller. And they were good. You could tell that several of the girls on the other team actually play basketball, not just at church bur for real.
Although they were a little intimidated at first, our girls picked up and by the end they were doing so much better! We even scored twice. Yea!!
Our girls are kind of afraid of dribbling. That's the part that I'm really bad at, too, so it's not terribly surprising. They are SUPER at passing, however. We have really good team work. But to move down the court, you have to dribble. That's what we'll be doing at practice!
Overall, I was so proud of our girls! This is the first time they've every really played for many of them, and they had fun and did their best. It was so much fun to watch!
0 comments:
Post a Comment